1.19.2008

Lazy Sattaday


Dear internet diary:

What a long and productive day it has been. And don't you love my virtual reality glasses? (Yeah, I wish those were mine.) After two days of housebound crappiness and flooey illness (aches, phlegm, sniffles, toilet hugging), I'm back on my feet and attempting to live life again.

Today!

First, I got up and prepared questions for an interview - look for it in the April/May issue of BUST! - then did the interview, which went pretty well. I was worried that I would be weirded out or intimidated, but it was actually really casual and nice. I think the article is going to turn out really well.

Then I went and met Claire, and we met Chelsea to get our nails done. I sat in a really aggressive massage chair and eventually got my nails painted what I thought was royal blue, but is something closer to spandex pants at the Olympics. Chelsea had a tiny woman do her nails and it took her about an hour. I don't know why this was, but it was kind of insane. Claire got a pedicure.

From there, we all toddled over to Treehouse and all bought things we couldn't afford. Chelsea got a stylish little 40's hat, Claire a leopard sexy secretary blouse, and me some leather moccasins to complete my "sexy lumberjack" exterior. We chatted with Siri, the owner, and she's pretty rad.

From there, we went and got sushi in Greepoint (sweet potato tempura, yes!) and I couldn't finish mine for the first time - well, ever. I'm a sushi black hole, but this damn flu is keeping me down. Over the course of dinner we recited quotes from both Clueless AND Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, so I was happy.

Now, I'm back to my slightly upright position in bed, awaiting a possible 90's party in Bushwick, if I can gather the strength. My f-pack has got to make an appearance tonight, and my spandex nails are ready for the occasion.

January 19, 2008! That was it. So far.




No comments: